QLD’s highly prospective North West Minerals Province (NWMP) should experience increased mining activity and capital flows supported by lower power costs and other incentives.
- The NWMP is one of the largest and most prospective regions for exploration and mining in Australia
- Power costs represent a significant component of mine operating costs
- Accessing the National Electricity Market (NEM) via CopperString 2.0 should lower power costs materially, improving feasibility of future mining operations
- Govt. support for a range of common user infrastructure alongside improved access to geoscientific data has spurred growth in other mineral regions
- The scale of QLD Govt. (AA+/Aa1) investment alongside strong commodity price signals should incentivise additional capital flow into NWMP exploration and mining activity